More than 20 firms have participated in the ALL-ASEAN Digital course at ASB. Listed below are the current and alumni participants:
CLASS 2: October-December 2018
A biomass energy producer, a family business consulting firm, an mobile app developer, a packaging company, a supplier of building materials and solutions, a Malaysian-born hand-crafted leather shoe company, an investment agency, an interior design company, and a film product company. The 10 firms which will participate in the new course in October-December 2018 are active in very different industries. They are: Binapavo, Cenergi SEA, Earth Heir, General Aluminium Works, Halfen Moment, InvestKL, Lizard Apps, Rack Focus Films, Tatum Company, and ZEVE Shoes.
‘Bina‘ is a Malay word and means to build or to construct. While, ‘Pavo‘ in Latin refers to the constellation of stars. We aspire to be a boutique FAMILY BUSINESS ADVISORY firm offering family office services and solutions in the Asia Pacific region. Our goal is to help your business reach the stars. In fulfilling our vision, the longevity and transgenerational potential of our clients is nurtured through professional advice and effective support system based on trust, reliable and ethical conduct and high regards towards safeguarding our clients’ and their families’ interest, wealth, assets, business health and familiness.
2. Cenergi SEA
At Cenergi, we are a team of diverse personalities with a common passion for promoting sustainable practices and reducing carbon emissions across Southeast Asia. We believe that conscious use of energy is key to a sustainable future. Together, we envision a world where society functions in harmony with the environment.
Our award-winning business is divided into three main areas; ‘Renewable Energy’, ‘Energy Efficiency’ and ‘New Ventures’. Across these areas, we possess the full spectrum of technical, commercial, financing and operational capabilities for clean energy and energy efficiency projects.
3. Earth Heir
Earth Heir is a conscious lifestyle brand, founded in 2013, which creates unique pieces by designing thoughtfully, engages in ethical partnerships and advocates for conscious consumption. Earth Heir creates customised, handcrafted pieces infused with contemporary design and sustainable practices. We partner with master craftspeople to create timeless, contemporary pieces whilst preserving the heritage and tradition of their forebears. Each Earth Heir piece is thoughtfully made and respects people and nature.
4. General Aluminium Works
General Aluminium Works (M) Sdn Bhd (11667-K) manufactures packaging materials and related products since 1972. From our early beginnings we have been committed to supply cost competitive products meeting and exceeding your expectations. We continuously improve and upgrade our management system to meet your needs. In accordance with our core beliefs our organization is focused on your satisfaction. We strive to be your long term preferred supplier. Our quality and food safety certifications show our commitment to consistently produce safe and defect free products. We control each and every production process and comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
5. Halfen Moment
The Halfen Moment Group of companies started its business in Malaysia, supplying mechanical couplers to the building sites by as a cost effective alternative for conventional splicing. Today, the MOMENT® coupler is a well-established brand in the market. The successful cooperation with our customers motivates us to continuously extend our product offering to more reinforcement and construction accessories. Our focus on innovation and customer service has driven our growth. With the headquarters in Malaysia and being supported by its subsidiaries in Singapore, Philippines and India, we have positioned ourselves as a leading building products player with an established and extensive network throughout Asia and Middle East. The Halfen Moment Group of companies is present internationally via its own entities, affiliate companies and committed distributors and currently employs over 300 dedicated employees.
InvestKL is a government Investment Promotion Agency mandated to attract Fortune 500 and Forbes 2000 type multinational companies to establish their regional hubs and undertake regional activities in Greater Kuala Lumpur. As Malaysia’s economically and commercially vibrant metropolis, Greater Kuala Lumpur serves as the ideal hub for MNCs in sectors such as oil, gas & energy, engineering services, consumer products, technology, Industry 4.0 and more. InvestKL partners with various government agencies to attract MNCs from USA, Europe and Asia Pacific to conduct their regional business, innovation, talent hubs and high-value business services activities to enhance their company’s growth in Asia.
7. Lizard Apps
Lizard Apps is the expert firm in designing and developing mobile apps, webApps, e-commerce sites and data platforms. The firm's mission is "to guide partners in their road to success by delivering state-of-the-art digital ecosystems that: the market needs, the end-users consider as adding value, our employees are proud of, and our partners benefit from continuously. About our approach: We start with defining the business goals of our partners as we value the importance of the alignment between business strategy & technology to stimulate growth and success."
8. Rack Focus Films
Rack Focus Films is a Documentary Production Company based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Film term: Rack Focus - A shot where focus is changed while shooting. Unlike a Follow Focus shot, a rack focus shot is usually done not from the necessity of keeping someone in focus but to shift attention from one thing to another. Thus, our goal is to shift audience focus from one perspective/view to another through our films.
9. Tatum Company
Tatum is the exclusive distributor of the largest range of the most prestigious and luxurious European interior collections in Malaysia and Singapore. Tatum has showrooms in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, both showcasing extensive collections of high-end fabrics, wall coverings, rugs, furniture pieces, lighting and accessories from Europe’s leading interior brands. Tatum supplies a wide range of luxurious, exclusive materials for a multitude of large scale, international residential and commercial projects, including premium shopping malls, luxury hotels and condominiums and top restaurants, while liaising with preeminent interior decorators, architects and contractors. Tatum also carries bespoke and specialty lines for hotels, restaurants and retail, and everything can be made to measure to precise specifications.
10. ZEVE shoes
Zeve Shoes are colorful leather shoes that are hand crafted in Malaysia by brilliant artisan shoemakers. They are made only from premium materials and the finest calf leather. We’ve made Modern Shoes for the Modern Man. Our brand embodies the freedom of choice and expression. Zeve Shoes enable you to express yourself the way you want. Our shoes will always be about color, comfort and you. We set out to make shoes for the entrepreneur, the professional and the aspiring creative – shoes that are handsome, premium quality, extremely comfortable and affordable. We wanted to make the most visually appealing shoes you’ve ever seen, and the most comfortable shoes you’ve ever worn. The difference is both visible and tangible.
CLASS 1: January-March 2018
In the inaugural class of ALL-ASEAN Digital we had an equally diverse set of participants: a new glossy magazine, three online platforms, a talent development and management consulting firm, a multi-brand retailer of music instruments, an eco-friendly car coating manufacturer, an food-saving NGO, a herbal company, a Malaysian-born footwear design label, and a premier business school. The 11 firms which participated in the course in January-March 2018 are active in very different industries. They are: Collective Intelligence Project, Eventda, ComPas, Guitar Empire, IGL Coatings, Qwork, Rainforest Herbs, The Lost Food Project (TLFP), UNRESERVED, Yoke & Theam and Asia School of Business.
1. Asia School of Business is a business school and executive education centre located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was established in 2015 by Bank Negara Malaysia in partnership with MIT Sloan School of Management (MIT Sloan). ASB offers a full-time MBA degree as its flagship program as well as several non-degreed executive education programs. Website: www.asb.edu.my
2. ComPas is a talent development and management consulting firm with presence in Singapore, Malaysia and other countries in Asia Pacific. With tailor-made service leadership initiatives focusing on competencies and results that drive the company's worth, the ComPas team aims to help organizations flourish in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world. Website: to be launched.
3. Collective Intelligence Project is an online platform that collects impactful stories around the world. We strive to give voice to everyday people focusing on the wisdom behind quotidian experiences. We capture and share stories that can make a positive impact in the lives of people. Website: https://www.thecollectiveintelligenceproject.org/
4. Eventda is a platform connecting customers and service providers, listing segments of event-related services enabling direct bookings and price comparisons to be made. Eventda’s offerings range from (1) Event Space, (2) Catering, (3) Performances, (4) Emcee, (5) Photography, (6) Professional Services - Drivers, Close Protection Officers, Bartenders, Waiters & Waitresses, Usherers. Website: www.eventda.com
5. Guitar Empire is a main distributor of 40+ branded musical instruments such as guitars, pianos, keyboards, flutes, saxophones, violins, cellos, trumpets, harmonicas, french horns, music books, clarinets, accessories, drums & percussions. All our products deal directly from factory in USA, U.K, Japan, China and Taiwan. We don't sell fake instruments. We only sell original musical instruments for music education. We give you 7 days refund if you are not satisfied with our branded instruments terms and condition apply. Website: www.guitarempire.com.my
6. IGL Coatings is a fast-growing Malaysia-based coating company that formulates eco-friendly car coatings which is safe and outperform existing products in the market in terms of durability, quality and ease of application. We formulated coatings that are specifically targeted to Window, Paint, Metal, Plastic, Fabric and Wood. The coatings create a invisible hydrophobic (water repellent) barrier, anti fouling and UV absorber on all the surface that our coating adheres to. In all our formulation we strive to achieve Zero VOC and Efficiency. Website: http://iglcoatings.com/
7. Qwork is a two-sided online platform (www.qwork.my) where employers offering temporary jobs are matched with young jobseekers wanting to gain work experience and hone their professional skills. Founded in 2015 by Dr. Mimi Aminah, the company’s mission is to combat youth unemployment by increasing employability of Millennials by allowing them to prove themselves, gain employer’s recognition, and up-skilling them through workshops. Qwork’s team is composed of 5 full-time and 3 part-time employees, and is located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Website: www.qwork.my
8. Rainforest Herbs® is fully owned by Asia Botanicals Sdn. Bhd., the pioneer herbal company in Malaysia focused exclusively on researching and manufacturing world-class herbal products from tropical Southeast Asian herbs. We ensure that all products are backed by solid science and therapeutic dosages and manufactured under strict GMP standards. We also believe in the importance of education in providing our customers with cutting-edge holistic health information to enable us to take greater responsibility in achieving vibrant health. Website: http://www.rainforestherbs.com/
9. The Lost Food Project (TLFP) collects surplus food from supermarkets & manufacturers in Malaysia & distributes it to those who really need it. Edible food is too often wasted & unnecessarily thrown away, when it could be avoided with a little care. TLFP aims to tackle this problem, making a difference to the community & the environment. It operates as a not-for-profit NGO, established by PINK (Parents International Welfare Association of Kuala Lumpur) and as such relies on funding from donors as well as the support of volunteers to carry out this service. TLFP partners with MARDI & UN FAO MYSaveFood Initiative along with SWCorp and also works in conjunction with the Ministry of Welfare to ensure many charities can benefit from the initiative. The Department of Health has issued a letter of support for the project. Website: http://www.thelostfoodproject.org/
10. UNRESERVED is a well-established publication title, to be re-launched as new standalone magazine in March 2018. Originally, the publication was part of the Malaysian Reserve newspaper, owned by multi-media giant Redberry. In June 2017, Ms Kassim who was part of the pioneer team that founded Unreserved, bought the title as the chief creator at Newsmakers Productions. Website: to be launched.
11. Yoke & Theam is a Malaysian-born footwear label conceived by two sisters, Yokie and Yoke Sin; whose passion for art & design intertwined with a family legacy in shoemaking business for over thirty years. Both sisters combined have an impressive background in graphic design, fashion and business. The first of four sisters, Yoke Sin is a graphic designer graduated from Middlesex University London and has worked in the design industry for more than ten years. The forth, Yokie on the other hand has a Business and Commerce Degree from Monash University Australia and a Master Degree from RMIT University Australia majoring in Fashion & Textiles. In 2015, backed with skills and experience, the founding sisters started Yoke & Theam which to date has boasted several crowd-pleasing footwear designs namely Zeus, Picabo, Serena and Ivy. Website: https://www.yokentheam.com/